My end of semester assignments and the holidays have kept me pretty busy over the last few weeks, so I have unfortunately neglected my blog, but not my baking! As you can imagine there has been a lot of cooking and baking over Christmas so I have a lot to share. The first of which being these really addictive Sugar Cookies (seriously, we demolished them). One of best friends bought me Hello Kitty cookie cutters for Christmas, she knows me so well! So a few days after Christmas we put them to good use.
- 2 3/4 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup of butter (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees c
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and baking powder
- In a separate, large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients.
- Leave to set for at least an hour in the fridge (covered in clingfilm)
- If you are not cutting shapes, roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls and place onto a baking tray lined with clingfilm.
- If using cookie cutters then roll out the dough and cut shapes out that are around 1 inch thick.
- Bake for ten minutes or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
- Decorate however you wish