Following my ‘All Things Cake’ Post, I am now posting my useful tips that I have gathered for all things cupcake. I hope they help!
- When that muffin or cupcake just wont budge from the pan, place a cold wet towel underneath the pan for thirty seconds and they will slip right out.
- To divide the batter evenly when making cupcakes or muffins, use an ice cream scoop to transfer batter from the mixing bowl to the baking pan.
- You can add water to the baking try of empty slots and it has multiple benefits. It can prevent the cupcakes or muffins from browning on the edges to quick. the extra steam prevents the mix from over cooking. It can also be used to prevent the baking pain from warping when you are not using every slot. Just half fill all the empty slots with water and put in oven to bake as normal.
- When decorating with icing, It looks a lot better to use a piping bag and nozzle. It gives the cupcakes a more professional look, rather than using a spoon or knife.
- Always fill your cupcake cases 2/3 of the way full to allow for the mix to rise. over flowing cupcakes and muffins does not look good, although its nice to nibble on the extra!
- I would always suggest using an electric mixer, as mixing things by hand all the time can be time-consuming and just plain tiring. If the recipe says fold on, then do not use an electric mixer. you must fold it in yourself, either using your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Sifting is key to light and fluffy cupcakes. as tempting as it may be do not skip this step because it makes a huge difference in how your cupcakes or muffins turn out!