Image credit: Bloggers own image
Here is my second special designed cake attempt. I made this cake for my sister’s Boyfriend as a gift for his 26th birthday. His name is Ade and he is a huge arsenal fan!
For this cake I used a Vanilla sponge with a layer of chocolate cream filling and I used sugar fondant for the icing. The fondant makes designing the cake a lot easier because of the flat smooth surface. I had help from my friend Jennifer with the crest.
Here is the recipe I used:
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter (lightly salted)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Beat eggs in large mixing bowl with paddle attachment for 4 minutes. Do not skip this step!
2. Add sugar, and continue beating for another 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and stir on low until just combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add to eggs and sugar on low-speed until just combined.
4. In a saucepan, heat milk and butter on low heat just until butter is melted. Add to batter, beat just until combined.
5. Pour into two greased and floured 8″ round cake pans.
6. Bake at 325 until the middle springs back when touched, or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let stand in pans for 10 minutes. Then turn out onto wire cooling racks and cool completely.